Kestrel 5500 Fire Weather Meter Pro
Kestrel 5500 Fire Weather Meter Pro
The fast and easy tool for taking weather observations The Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro provides NIST-traceable
accuracy, reliability and usability when it matters most.
Measure every environmental condition plus PIG and FDFM and view trends with on-screen data graphing. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel Fire Weather meter can stand up to the abuses of work on a fire line wherever you’re assigned.
• PIG Screen (Probability of Ignition)
• FDFM Screen (Fine Dead Fuel Moist.)
• Wind Speed (Current, Average, Max)
• Pressure trend
• Barometric pressure
• Relative humidity in %
• Heat stress index
• Wet bulb temperature
• Density altitude
• Wind chill
• Air, water, and snow temp (°F or °C)
Features & Benefits
• Measures wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and altitude.
• 14 total meteorological parameters measured, calculated and displayed real-time and stored in memory for monitoring trends.
• Probability of Ignition (PIG) and Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM) built-in for readings with no reference tables needed.
• Quick and consistently accurate measurements reduce the risk of human error possible with manual weather kits.
• Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use.
• Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers for in-depth analysis, export and easy communication to FBANs and other crews.
• Clip into the Kestrel Rotating Vane Mount to make the world’s most portable weather station (included with Pro model).
• Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
• Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
• 5-year warranty.
Who’s Using the Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress WGBT Meter?
A variety of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel Fire Weather meter with you. The Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro offers a large, highresolution and contrast display and highly readable numerals. The Kestrel 5500FW also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and single AA battery operation.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500 FWM tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data, providing a complete history of conditions on the fire from the moment you arrive. With optional LiNK wireless connectivity, your data log can be transferred to a Kestrel LiNK app (available on Android) for easy export and email to an FBAN or meteorologist. Data can also be downloaded to a PC with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500FW tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and the Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows PC or Mac with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
Choose Kestrel LiNK Option to Add the Power of Apps
LiNK is Kestrel’s wireless data communication system, powered by Bluetooth® low energy. Choose the Kestrel 5400 with LiNK option and you get full iOS, Android, PC and Mac app support. See real-time readings on your phone or tablet on a customizable dashboard up to 100’
away (line of sight). Download stored data from your Kestrel to save or share it. Plus, you can update the firmware on your Kestrel when improvements are released.
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Note: Bluetooth® low energy is built into all recent iOS and Android devices. PC and Mac connectivity require purchase of a Kestrel LiNK USB Dongle. Non-LiNK units can be connected to PCs and Macs, but NOT phones and tablets, using the Kestrel USB Data Cable.
KAU-KES-0855FWORA Kestrel 5500 Fire Weather Meter Pro - with LiNK
KAU-KES-0855FLWORA Kestrel 5500 Fire Weather Meter Pro
• Neck Lanyard
• AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
• Protective Drawstring Pouch
• Certificate of Conformity (w/ specifications)
• Instruction Manual
• Five Year Warranty
Kestrel 5500FW brochure (PDF)
Kestrel 5500FW Specifications
Click here to view the full specifications for the Kestrel 5000 range (includes Certificate of Conformity).