Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter
Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter
The Kestrel 5000AG is designed to meet the needs of livestock, agriculture and animal health professionals. Producers, growers, veterinarians, and consultants in every field of agriculture will gain vital information regarding micro-climate conditions needed to maximise performance and profitability.
• Air Flow
• Air Speed
• Barometric Pressure
• Density Altitude
• Dew Point Temperature
• Heat Stress Index
• Relative Humidity
• Station Pressure (Absolute Press.)
• Wet Bulb Temp. (Psychrometric)
• Wind Chill
Features & Benefits
• Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards – 10 drops from 4’)
• Waterproof and dustproof (sealed to IP67 standards – 30’ submersion to 3’)
• Small – carry in your pocket or store in your glove box
• High visibility case to avoid loss
• Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions
• Airflow impeller can be field-replaced without tools if damaged – patented!
• Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included
• 5-year warranty
• Handheld, portable, data logger with on-screen graphing and measurement statistics
• Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers
• Kestrel COC regarding accuracy of measurements
Who’s Using the Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter?
• Dairy Producers
• Cattle Ranchers
• Poultry Growers
• Swine Operations
• Livestock Transporters
• Livestock Processors
• Ag Consultants
• Facility Managers
• Facility Inspectors
This lightweight, handheld, multi-function meter can be used inside and out for spot measurement of current conditions and also tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data.
Clip the Kestrel 5000AG into the custom Kestrel 5 Series Rotating Vane Mount (KAU-KES-0782) and you have a sturdy weather station that can be left in place for days or weeks.
Heat Stress Management with THI
THI (Temperature-Humidity Index) has been used for decades as a measure to classify heat stress risk in many livestock production and transportation operations. This measurement includes both temperature and relative humidity and is a basis for both strategic and tactical management practices which benefit animal health, productivity and well-being. The Kestrel 5000AG calculates and logs on-site THI based on user selection of either the NRC (National Research Council, 1971) or Yousef (Yousef, 1985) accepted THI calculations. Objective and accurate site-specific measurements are critical to ensuring a heat stress management strategy that is cost effective; and they’re at your fingertips with the 5000AG.
Microclimate, Harvest and Storage Conditions
Many livestock professionals also grow and store grains, hay and other feedstuffs. The Kestrel 5000AG can measure micro-climates around the farm to determine where mold and disease may be a problem, ensuring conditions are right for harvesting, drying, and storage. Leave the Kestrel 5000AG in place anywhere in th field, barn or greenhouse to get a graphical history of overnight conditions, (the Kestrel 5 Series Rotating Vane Mount and a ¼-20 camera clamp or tripod makes it easy).
Choose Kestrel LiNK Option to Add the Power of Apps
LiNK is Kestrel’s wireless data communication system, powered by Bluetooth® low energy. Choose the Kestrel 5000AG with LiNK option and you get full iOS, Android, PC and Mac app support. See real-time readings on your phone or tablet on a customizable dashboard up to 100’ away (line of sight). Download stored data from your Kestrel to save or share it. Plus, you can update the firmware on your Kestrel when improvements are released.
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Note: Bluetooth® low energy is built into all recent iOS and Android devices. PC and Mac connectivity require purchase of a Kestrel LiNK USB Dongle. Non-LiNK units can be connected to PCs and Macs, but NOT phones and tablets, using the Kestrel USB Data Cable.
KAU-KES-0850-AGHVG Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter
KAU-KES-0850AGLHVG Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter with LiNK
• Rotating Vane Mount & Carry Case
• Kestrel LiNK Wireless Dongle (PC/Mac)
• Kestrel USB Data Transfer Cable
Kestrel 5000AG brochure (PDF)
Kestrel 5000AG Specifications
Click here to view the full specifications for the Kestrel 5000 range (includes Certificate of Conformity).