Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter
Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter
The Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter is a remarkably powerful measuring and data logging tool, yet remarkably compact. Use it for research, safety, expeditions, agriculture and any other profession or activity where accurate on-the-spot conditions monitoring is key.
• Barometric Pressure
• Density Altitude
• Dew Point Temperature
• Heat Index
• Relative Humidity
• Station Pressure (Absolute Press.)
• Wet Bulb Temp (Psychrometric)
• Wind Chill
• Wind Speed
Features & Benefits
• Used in firefighting, agriculture, hazardous materials response, meteorology, military, law enforcement, research, education, scientific & mountaineering expeditions and more
• Handheld, portable environmental meter with onboard data logging and graphing
• Measures wind speed / air speed, temperature, humidity and pressure and displays over 10 total environmental parameters on large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display
• Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® provides wireless communication to mobile devices & computers
• Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards)
• Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included (Average Life 400 Hours)
• Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
• 5-year warranty.
Who’s Using the Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter?
• Athletics & Outdoor Sports
• Education & Classroom Use
• Facilities Management
• Farming & Agriculture
• HAZMAT Response
• Hiking & Mountaineering
• Industrial Hygiene
• Law Enforcement
• Outdoor Event Organizers
• Research, Science & Technology
The Kestrel 5000 provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the preceding Kestrel 4000, but adds many new features and options.
The first thing you’ll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation and offers optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support.
Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5000 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can travel with you anywhere you dare to go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5000 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly, or to a PC/MAC with either the optional Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable.
Kestrel LiNK for Windows and MAC
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyse and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS and Android
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analysed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ (line of sight).
Optional Vane Mount
The true versatility of the Kestrel 5000 becomes apparent with the addition of the Kestrel Vane Mount (KAU-KES-0782). This precision-engineered accessory securely mounts the Kestrel 5000 to any tripod or other ¼-20 fitted bracket. Once mounted, the Kestrel 5000 becomes an independent monitoring station, as the large wind vane and precision pivot keep the Kestrel oriented into the wind for continuous measurement and logging of wind speed and all other key weather parameters.
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. Researchers have relied on Kestrel’s accuracy and portability for nearly 20 years, and you’ll find Kestrel referenced in many a peer-reviewed journal article. If environmental conditions are important in your profession or favorite activity, there is no better partner than a Kestrel 5000
• Rotating Vane Mount & Carry Case
• Kestrel LiNK Wireless Dongle (PC/Mac)
• Kestrel USB Data Transfer Cable
KAU-KES-0850-BLK Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter (Black)
KAU-KES-0850LBLK Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter with LiNK (Black)
Kestrel 5000 brochure (PDF)
Kestrel 5000 Specifications
Click here to view the full specifications for the Kestrel 5000 range (includes Certificate of Conformity).